Mexico has been able to consolidate as one of the principal industrial countries; due to manufacturing centers and likewise thanks to some characteristics that differences it from other countries. Such as:
- Location, next to the US.
- An open economy with commercial networking.
- Young population.
- Capable workforce.
- And established macroeconomy with big recognition on a global level.
A prove to all this relies on the manufacture exportations on 2014. The consultant firm Aregional establishes that our country represented 85% of all the activity. In that sense, Mexico exports 65% more manufactures than all LATAM. Predominating on automotive, electronics and aerospace sectors.
Right now, the aerospace industry is having one of its best moments, which generates one of the most relevant opportunities for Mexico by increasing the exportation of national content and creating new quality jobs that Mexican people need.
GLOBAL PICTURE OF AEROSPACE INDUSTRY
For 2032 it’s predicted that the 10-tonne plane fleet number will be more than 36 thousand. With this, Mexico will become an important player for that industry since the actual number of ships moves around 18 thousand. At the moment there are more than 300 companies in this sector in Mexico. 80% of them are manufacture companies. The other 20% belongs to operations.
The biggest number of enterprises concentrates on the north zone of the country. Besides that, the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI) has a record of 198 companies that rely thereon. In this industrial location, the main strategy focus on the creation of clusters and new technology development. Universities, companies, investigation centers and government bureaus collaborate in this task.
Baja California it’s highly consolidated as a fruitful place for industrial parks. Over 40 years of work and around 76 companies have grown there their industrial plants. The industrial real estate offer is big enough for everyone. And it accommodates logistics business, manufacture companies, aerospace industries, automotive, etc.
AEROSPACE SECTOR IN MEXICO.
The international industry believes in Mexican manpower. It’s described as productive, innovative and hard-working. Besides that, Mexican people have demonstrated good disposition to learn new production methods and are qualified to make high-quality goods.
According to the National Council of Science and Technology (Conacyt), in 2012 more than 111 thousand engineers graduated. Similarly, the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) registers than Mexico has 18% more engineer seniors in manufacture and construction than in the US.
Above all, there’s no doubt that the aerospace sector will determine Mexico’s search of a stable economic growth base on the great potential it has.